Stroud Brewery is seeking an energetic and versatile individual for the role of Sous Chef.
We are a dedicated organic brewery with a mission is to make outstanding beer without damaging the planet and bring people together to inspire positive change. We have a policy to serve organic and/or local, forging relationships with local suppliers and offering changing seasonal dishes.
Join our motley crew of innovators, enablers, artists, gastro creators and social groovers; it is their disruptive ideas and enthusiasm which makes Stroud Brewery the company we are today. We are a living wage employer we pay people fairly for the value their knowledge and skills add to our company.
Stroud voted (once again) best place to live in the UK!
Manage & train the wider kitchen team, prepare and deliver our unique food offer from the Stroud Brewery kitchen. Heading the kitchen in Head Chefs absence.
Working well in a high paced environment under pressure you will work within a small team to deliver our menu with a high quality with a personable service.
Our menu will be dynamic and evolving according to season, trends and the collective passion of our chefs.
- Prepare, cook and serve the full range of our menu
- Together with chefs continually develop our menu
- Provide great customer service
- Ensure health and safety in the kitchen
- Ensure food hygiene regulations are met
Salary & Holidays
This role will begin as a casual contract with starting salary is £23,000 (£11.75/hr) plus overtime
Holiday: 28 days/year (which includes bank holidays)
Please apply online by completing this form.
Applications will ONLY be accepted this way.
- A short CV/resume
- A covering letter outlining why you are interested in the post, and how you meet the specifications for the role.
- Interview short-list notified 27th April 2021
- Interviews – 3rd May 2021
- Interview short-list invited to brew 1 day - May
- Successful Applicant informed - May
- Start ASAP