Stroud Brewery is seeking an energetic and versatile individuals for various roles in our venue.
We are a dedicated organic brewery with a mission is to make outstanding beer without damaging the planet and bring people together to inspire positive change. We have a policy to serve organic and/or local, forging relationships with local suppliers and offering changing seasonal dishes.
Join our motley crew of innovators, enablers, artists, gastro creators and social groovers; it is their disruptive ideas and enthusiasm which makes Stroud Brewery the company we are today. We are a living wage employer we pay people fairly for the value their knowledge and skills add to our company.
Stroud voted (once again) best place to live in the UK!
This role will help achieve the ambitious sales targets of Stroud Brewery. Supporting all sales activity with general administration.
Application deadline: Friday 5th November
Shortlisting for Interview: Monday 8th November
Interviews: Thursday 11th & Friday 12th November
Please apply online by completing this form.
Applications will ONLY be accepted this way.
- Answering incoming phone calls & responding to customer enquiries via email & live chat on the website
- Stock control and ordering of clothing & merchandise
- Answering incoming enquiries and providing exceptional customer service
- Reply to questions/complaints on Tripadvisor/Google reviews
- Holiday cover to cash and float tills
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Maintaining sales and relationships with existing bottles shop and restaurant customers
- Dealing with all orders via our webshop, e-mail, telephone & third party platforms
- Preparing invoices and organising deliveries with external couriers
- Raising Farmers Market invoices & reconciling
- Responsibility for maintaining the product listings on our webshop, other online platforms, and processing webshop orders and resolving any queries
- Managing discount codes used through website
- Adding and updating products on our brewery management system - Breww
- Providing cover for sales team for holiday/sickness
- Managing online shipments
- Creating collections & bright beer list for warehouse to prepare from
- All associated sales administration and filing
Other tasks as required
Due to the changing nature of work practices, or for operational, commercial or technical reasons, it is accepted that the company reserves the right to make changes to individual job descriptions as necessary.
- Excellent communicator: written and verbal
- Good IT skills: Microsoft, Google, Websites
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work well in a team
- Show and take initiative and responsibility
- Self-motivated & can set own deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a range of different jobs
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task
- Commercial experience
- Personable, approachable and pleasant demeanour
- Share Stroud Brewery ethos for sustainability
- Previous experience of small business administration
Customer (internal and external) Focus
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of their actions.
- Develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Quickly and effectively solves customer problems.
- Talks to customers (both internal and external) to find out what if they are satisfied with the service offered.
- Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers.
- Presents ideas and information both verbally and in writing.
- Informs others on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates very effective listening, questioning and interpersonal skills.
Attention to Detail
- Performs tasks with care, makes few if any errors.
- Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant.
- Prioritises tasks by importance and deadline.